Saturday, January 3, 2009

Vietnam_Cambodia Trip

After I said that I have survived in Cambodia, Thien Sing has asked me to post my pics on this blog. I will post them out, but gradually la...Since a picture worths thousand words, I will post more pictures than write them out....hehe

Day 1 (26 Nov 2008) Ho Chi Minh City(Saigon)
We have visited to several places such as Reunification Hall, Post Office, War Remnants Museum and Notre Dame Cathedral.

However, thx to our super lousy tour guide, I hardly know about the history or the story behind.
Our tour guide couldn't speak English well and he didn't try to explain. When he was standing in front of a signboard, he would just read the words...Walau eh, u thought we dont' know how to read...However, this stupid half-day tour cost us $5.5 per person which not worth it.

Despite the stupid tour guide, we learnt to be self independent, by looking at the buliding and try to explain by ourselves. My frns from HBP(the 3 guys in our group) were very excited when they saw different buildings then they would start to talk about what is beam , what is column like that..So 2 physics and 1 bio gal listened until become blur blur...

The first place we went was the Reunification Hall. This is the place where the Vietnam president lived there before. Besides that, he instructed the war at the rooms under the ground.
The rooms upstairs are very glamourly decorated.

I will post out the pictures in my next post ..hehe

To be continued....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pay more to get better english speaking tour guide