Sunday, June 17, 2007

minor or elective?

Recently i have asked a super senior(pure physics) gives me sum advices in choosing minor or elective,so below here r his opinions,so i hope it'd help u all make ur choice carefully...hopefully more or less it helps u all...

"Physics is something about your interest here. My point of view is that 1st - If you think you chose physics because of your result during STPM, then you shud opt for minor. Elective subjects can KILL!2nd - If your maths is good, and you want to explore knowledge istead of applying, then you go for elective.3rd - If you think you dont have much sociallizing skills and your general knowledge is poor, then you shud go for minor, as they let you learn wider scopes to apply during work.4th - If you prioratizes your results more than what you think applicable to your later life, chose minor, as elective subjects are very much harder to score! (usually people do, but this will sticks more on your attitude to life, only yourself knows yourself, if not, ask some1 who knows u more than yourself does to tell you basically u study for life, or result? Most plp think they know, but they dont!) 5th - If you like to research and develop, then chose elective.That was basically the things that led me to choose my path 3 years ago. I took elective, because I wanted to know more about physics, as after grad, you will rarely get the chances to learn detail physics. Whereas, most of the minor causes can be learned when u join working life, u just need to pay. Also, I find myself a very particular characteristic, I dont give a damn about my result, what I stressed was and always be the process of doing something. Electives teaches me more about physics, the reason why we take the course in University, then I make myself active in outdoor socializing activities, which gives me the most important skills in working life (yes, not your result. Result only set your pay level and interviews), communication!"

4 comments:

yikoko said...

well said~

wow u seem to be putting a lot of effort in considerating your future more than any of us. Bravo~ truly u're our set of role model, dat lead us to da successful stair.

but anyhow, we stil gotta work hard for ourselves if hoping to become a successful person. how do u define of being a successful person? no one can, except u yourself.

i'm glad u pinpoint dis problematic headache out here n give us sum guidance as to clear our doubts n knot-tie in our minds.

sorri for not able to write more, i wish i could, but time is realli a factor. take care to all~

kampung guy said...

haha..not realli la,actually u all will think of it if u got free time like me...wah,so pai seh lo,how could i b u all role model leh?(izzit over a bit?haha...,next time dun praise me too much lo coz i feel not used to it...)actually every1 of us can b successful person if we put lots of effort on sumthings tat v r doing...so,ya...i hope da comments really will benefit u all n solve u all problems...gab,it's ok if u cant write more,jz take ur time..ok,take good care of urselves...

private TS said...

i opt for minor...nothing much to comment...when can we register ur course???

kampung guy said...

shud b on 6th n 7th of july..